“Taking Care of Business”
Yesterday we learned two big ideas when it comes to being Wiser with our Work. We will take the first one today. We need to be diligent. But when we say be diligent we need to begin to flesh this out so we know how to live this out. So let me give you a list of what I think this looks like. I would suggest reading through this list and then perhaps you will add to it. The big idea is “God will pour out his favor on those who work diligently”. So we must figure out what this looks like.
Here is my long list. I gave you 5 of these yesterday, but let me add to those 5
1) Show up on Time (what would you do if I was 10 minutes late for the sermon on Sunday??)
2) Determine what is expected and exceed expectations
3) Attitude is Everything
4) Plays nice with fellow workers
5) Honors their supervisors
6) Admit mistakes
7) Shares credit with fellow workers
8) Resolves conflict quickly
9) Volunteers for extra assignments
10) Takes responsibility for getting better
Now again, why does this even matter? It matters because we don’t represent ourselves, we represent Christ. This means we live differently. We behave differently. You might get criticized for working like this. Fellow co-workers might get mad or call you names. Mainly because they look bad. But again, it gives us an open door to explain our motivation. We work this way for Christ.
So let’s work diligently this week.
Jesus Follower, Husband, Father, and Pastor and trying to keep those in the right order....